The first thing Dave and I set out to do the next morning was the MoMA. We saw some wonderfully beautiful and unbelievable art; some of our most favorite artists! It feels kind of wrong to take photographs of art as they don’t do it a lick of justice, but I did it anyway.
Who knew The Persistence of Memory by Salvador Dali was so tiny?
Picasso (*sigh*)
Ever wonder what all the fuss about Jackson Pollock is? Well if you have never seen one up close I can understand the lack of understanding. When I saw my first Pollock “action painting” in person I finally got it. It is mesmerizing to see these artworks up close. You get sucked in and lost in all of the amazing layers. I hope all of you have a chance to see one.
After this exhilarating morning we headed to the theatre district to see Wicked! I was sooo excited. I was obsessed with The Wizard of Oz as a child and I have been dying to see this play for years. Dave let me pick the one show we were going to go to and while he may not have been jumping up and down before the show, he was thrilled to have seen it afterwards. The level of quality of these performers is beyond explanation. We couldn’t take pictures during the show but we took some in our seats beforehand.
After the show we hopped in a cab and rode up to my pal Rachel’s apartment. She moved last summer and it was so great to get to spend some time with her and her family!
This day made my soul so happy! Art, theatre, and friends! Life doesn’t get much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment